Global Sales & Brand Development Manager Vacancy
Claxton’s are recruiting!
We are now looking for a Global Sales & Brand Development Manager to join our exciting company in one of the best industries in the world!
Details on the position are outlined below. If you are interested in applying for the vacancy then please submit a C.V. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To request a copy of the job vacancy details in a word document simply email us at email@example.com
A.P. Claxton Ltd, York & Ripon
GLOBAL SALES & BRAND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Claxton’s is a Yorkshire based independent bottler of high-quality, specialist whiskies. The company is family-owned and managed by a passionate and dedicated team. Being a family-owned business drives our ethos for providing excellent products with an excellent level of service which has the flexibility to meet each customer’s needs.
We also have the innovation and vision to predict what our customers will need next, and so we are constantly searching for new products and new ways to improve what we do, to meet existing and future demand. Our cask maturation programme is part of that innovation and we have even bigger plans ahead.
Recognition of the Claxton’s brand as a hallmark of quality has resulted in significant growth in recent years with our markets and customer base expanding rapidly. As part of our growth and expansion strategy we now require a Global Sales & Brand Development Manager to join the team to help us to effectively manage existing customer sales and to locate and develop new export market opportunities.
The successful applicant will be based at our Ripon office but will be required to travel across the UK and overseas periodically. The role is wide-ranging and requires a dynamic and entrepreneurial individual with enthusiasm, innovation, and determination to succeed who will be a part of a growing company and a dedicated team. A flexible “can-do” attitude and a robust work-ethic are essential to this role, as is a genuine enthusiasm for whisky and the drinks industry. You will be part of a small team who are passionate about whisky and are dedicated to growing the business, and you will assist in any area of the business as and when required.
Your key activities will include:
- Work closely with the team to develop new markets, products and strategies.
- Travel domestically and overseas on a regular basis.
- Actively participate in the selection of whiskies for new bottlings and new product lines.
- Act as the “face” of Claxton’s for existing and new customers and the general public in both the UK and across the globe.
- Proactively and creatively develop and strengthen our relationships and business in Claxton’s existing markets (United Kingdom, United States, Japan, Taiwan, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Italy, Denmark, Spain, Switzerland and Sweden).
- Develop new export markets across the globe, establishing strong relationships with new distributors, wholesalers and retailers.
- Further develop global awareness of the Claxton’s brand utilising a multitude of different methods including social media, festivals and tasting events.
- Occasionally meet and entertain guests such as existing and prospective new customers, distributors, suppliers and members of the public.
- Set and achieve personal targets within overall company objectives.
- Provide regular feedback and reports to the management on all aspects of the role.
- A genuine passion for whisky and other spirits and a willingness to constantly develop your knowledge and understanding. Extensive knowledge of whisky is not essential as on the job training will be provided, but a real enthusiasm for whisky is a must.
- An ability to share and instil your passion for Claxton’s whiskies in others.
- Previous experience in a similar role with a proven track record of achieving sales targets.
- Ability to work independently on your own initiative as well as very closely as part of a team.
- An ability and willingness to travel.
- Able and willing to work flexible and varied hours when required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- An excellent level of comprehension and communication in English.
- Ambitious and results focused.
- An ability to accurately identify, understand and interpret customer needs.
- Ability to think laterally and entrepreneurially in a rapidly changing market.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- A full driving licence.
Beneficial but not essential:
- An excellent existing knowledge of whisky and other spirits
- Project and event management experience
- Existing networks in within the drinks industry
- Experience in planning and delivering presentations, events or drinks tastings to an audience
- Experience with website management, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Foreign language skills
For the right person we offer:
- The opportunity to join a rapidly growing business where you will have a maximum impact on both the development of your own role and the development of the company
- A very competitive salary
- Performance related bonuses
- 28 days annual paid holiday plus bank holidays
- An opportunity to gain shares in the company for the right person
- Flexible working hours
- Continual professional development and training courses
- A company laptop
- A company mobile phone
- Use of the company executive car
Back to News